Managing a retail chain will require an optimized flow of products from different warehouses. However, a good warehouse management system will lead to better customer service. And ultimately save time and money too. Additionally, eCommerce integration with diverse business systems can help to maintain consistent profitability and reduce risks.
So, let’s start with the obvious question: What is the Warehouse Management System (WMS) integration?
A warehouse management system (WMS) is a software that allows organizations to manage and control day-to-day operations from the time the goods move into the warehouse until they move out. From inventory collection, picking, and shipping of orders to advice on inventory replenishment, this software guides you at every step. This system can be an individual application or a part of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Now that you have a fair idea about WMS, let’s move forwards and understand what all types of WMS are there.
Types of Warehouse Management System
You will come across various types of Warehouse Management Systems, amongst all here we will discuss the most popular types only:
- Standalone System: You can join a standalone system with existing or future solutions. But, mostly they are used without further supply chain functions and sold as specialized products. With this system, the users can track expiry date, scan barcode, slot, count cycles, as well as receive, pick, pack, and shipping records.
- ERP Integration: From customer relationship management, supply chain planning to human resources, ERP makes 3PL integration function smoothly. If you are looking to upgrade your software solutions on a larger scale, this is an excellent option.
- Supply chain management: This software helps businesses to manage vendor relationships, risk assessment, and more. It has automated activities like product cycles, material sourcing, and real-time inventory update.
Many retail businesses are moving towards the leading Shopify platform, so let’s understand:
How a Warehouse Management System Benefits Business Performance?
To hold your position in the industry, you need to improve the functionality of the website. And to make this possible business needs to redesign the operations with WMS. Let’s look into some specifications of how Warehouse Management Software (WMS) Integration can boost business performance.
- Save a lot of warehouse space with a well-managed inventory system.
- Get accurate inventory details to relocate any misplaced product.
- Monitor just-in-time inventory.
- Maintain accurate records.
- This system optimizes the operation which helps in accurately picking and shipping records.
- It offers better customer relationships.
Furthermore, let’s learn more about WMS:
3 Essentials to Select a Warehouse Management System
Here, we will look into three basics which are essential while choosing WMS for your business:
Trackable order status Online customers now expect this service from every online purchase. To provide this service, you need to integrate your E-commerce with 3PL. This will allow the customers to track their orders from the time they confirm the purchase to delivery.
Drop-shipping The online order placed has directly been requested by the supplier or manufacturer. However, these distributors and manufacturers need to have EDI integration as a condition of doing business. This helps to control the right products’ on-time delivery.
Real-time inventory updates To keep your customers satisfied with your services, provide them real-time inventory updates. With this, you and your customers can know that there is enough stock at the time to place an order or not.
Conclusion If you need a Shopify connector to integrate to your Warehouse Management System (WMS). Chat with us, we are here to help you.